How to attract Valentines Day guests
No contracts. No setup fees. Top rated customer support.Start with Bookster today
Are you looking to fill out your calendar with romance this Valentine’s Day?
Read on to find out tips on how to fill those calendars!
We all know Valentine’s Day can be a busy time and romantic couples are looking to get away for the occasion.
Bookster data from 2019 showed that 54% of Valentine’s bookings were made in the first 6 weeks of the year; split 32% between January and 22% in February.
This shows that January and early February is the best time to really get in front of potential Valentine's guests.
So what can you do to attract more guests this Valentine’s Day?
How to attract Valentine’s Day guests
This article will go to great lengths on how to attract guests during this occasion.
- Managing and Marketing your property listings.
- Holiday home decorations.
- Local event information.
- How to encourage your guests to return.
1. Managing/Marketing your property listing
Making changes to your property listing can be simple and yet effective!
- First and foremost check your listing's availability is up-to-date before the occasion.
- Check your prices - this is a peak moment of the year, do your prices reflect the income you want?
- Update your holiday images to help guests visualise staying there.
- Many couples look for hot tubs this time of year. If your property has a hot tub, you should make it very clear in your listings and images.
- Ensure you have updated and displayed security information to put guests' minds at ease.
- When you are marketing through social media about how you’re adapting your properties for Valentine’s Day When marketing, don’t just market to couples explore your options. E.g. families, singles etc.
When changing the photos on your property listing think about how they represent the 'story' you are trying to create about your guests stay at your holiday home.
Consider SUPERHOG as part of your security measure to protect you as well as your guests!
The key to a great marketing strategy is to remember to engage, talk and share posts around the occasion.
Remember to also link back to your website with each post!
2. Decorating your holiday home for Valentine’s Day!
Your holiday home is going to leave a lasting mark on your guests, so make it a good one!
- Create some romance in your property to give it that special feeling.
- Add details to your holiday home, rose petals on the bed, candles around the room.
- If your holiday home can provide hot tubs now is the time to do it!
- Provide spa-inspired products such as nice soaps, bath products and extra towels.
- Create a playlist of love songs for guests to play when they arrive.
Create a welcome package for your guests this could include;
- Bottle of champagne or wine (Depending on the license laws in your country)
- Assorted high-quality chocolates
- Scented candles
- Bouquet of flowers.
A great takeaway is to not overdo it with decorations but still make it feel special for your guests.
3. Highlights local events!
A lot of guests don’t want to self-cater 100% of their time on holiday.
Most guests will want to explore the area for places to spend Valentine’s Day! They don’t know what’s on so it’s time to tell them!
- Provide a list of restaurants in the local area for a date night out!
- Provide any places that are providing speed-dating events for any singles who have come to your holiday home.
- Provide/create a guide of places to go such as nice walks, wine bars, restaurants, spas etc.
- Try and secure discounts for your guest to local spas for a couples massage.
Use your knowledge to attract guests telling them about what there is to do within your area!
4. Get your guests to come back!
Getting your quests to come to your holiday home can be a challenge but how do you get them to come back?
Ensuring your guests to come back next year can be a challenge unless done well.
- Provide your guests with a discount to use next time they come to stay at your holiday home.
- Provide a free parting gift such as a bottle of wine to help secure your guest’s trust.
Take bookings for next year! Simple but effective.
It’s key to make sure you keep your guests coming back to your holiday home for years to come!
All booked up for Valentine’s Day?
Fantastic. So what’s next for you?
Check out our guides on how to:
- How to attract Christmas guests.
- What is Book Direct for holiday rentals?
- How to reduce cancellations.
- Marketing to Domestic Guests.
- Prevent bad guests booking holidays in your property.
Everything you need to grow your holiday rental business.Setup a demo
Would you like to know more about Bookster holiday bookings software?
We are a passionate team working across the UK and Canada, with our main office in heart of Edinburgh.
Bookster was started in 2008 and has gone from strength to strength since then, developing tools and features to support property managers with holiday homes.
We offer solutions and services to help with your holiday homes from apartments, villas, castles, lighthouses, and much more!
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use PMS we are the best choice for you, get in touch with us today!
We are always here to help.
By Phone (0044 131 510 6946)