StayJam playbook 2021
- Bookster contributed 2 articles to Stayjam 2021
- Turning Website Lookers into Room Bookers, Lyle Markle
- He suggested: Reduce the clutter, Create an easy customer journey,
- Also: Understand guests, Add clear fonts and styles, and Increase speed.
- Get your Email Superpowers, Andy McNicoll
- He said: Split email lists, Clean your email data, Automate, Request reviews.
Creating high conversion websites is essential for attracting bookings, and this is just one of our areas of expertise.
Check out this great advice for self-catering professionals.
Email creates the opportunity to help your guests recognise your brand, and works really hard to build your relationships with your guests.
Late in Autumn 2020, the team at Bookster received an interesting email from the team at StayJam.
Of course, we said yes.
What is StayJam Playbook 2021?
The StayJam Playbook is 180+ pages of articles to support the growth of your business.
Its stunning design will catch your eye firstly, with a fun, relaxed style, backed up by content that's actually written to support holiday home managers, not sell products.
It's produced in digital format so you can download it easily and read it on the go!
Bookster articles in StayJam 2021
In this edition Bookster contributed two articles on two topics that are close to our hearts:
Turning Website Lookers into Room Bookers (Page 17), Lyle Markle
Lyle Markle, our Art Director focused on his passion, creating custom websites that convert visitors to guests.
In this article, Lyle broke down the main topics that you should consider when creating your website.
Tips for creating an effective website
When creating a website, you have the choice of building your own, working with the web developer of your property management software, or an independent web designer.
No matter which you choose, you should keep in mind some important points for success.
This article covers how to:
- Less is more - reduce the clutter
- Create an easy-to-use customer journey
- Understand where your guests come from
- Create clear fonts and styles to help all users on your site
- Increase speed by optimising your images, videos, and pages.
Get your Email Superpowers (Page 105), Andy McNicoll
Andy McNicoll dug into the reasons why Email Marketing is a powerful tool for the holiday home industry.
It creates the opportunity to help your guests recognise your brand, and works really hard to build your relationships with your guests.
Tips for using Email Marketing effectively
There are different ways to use Email Marketing, as we cover 4 essential emails to send to your guests.
- Split your email lists into groups
- Keep it clean. Regularly check and update your contacts
- Automate your guest communications through email
- Use email to drive five-star feedback and reviews
Once you're ready to learn more, we have a short video guide on how to use Bookster Email Marketing.
Who is StayJam?
StayJam has burst into 2021 as the new name for the Short Stay Show, a yearly event bringing together experts in the vacation rental industry from across the globe.
Bookster supports the Short Stay Show, and its local events previously named Be My Guest which brings together professionals in our industry to cities across the United Kingdom.
You can read our presentation at Be My Guest Carlisle which covered How to choose the best holiday rentals PMS software.