Here are some statistics relating to vacation rentals bookings within Bookster. Should be a help to benchmark your business against.
Booking.com was the biggest single channel with about 46% of bookings
- The average number of nights booked was 4.68 nights per booking pointing to Bookster's urban (shorter stays) and rural (longer stays) mix of clients.
- The typical booking was placed 81 days in advance of arrival (vs 91 days in 2017).
- The value of each booking was £661 (vs £647 in 2017) on average.
- Booking.com was the biggest single channel with about 46% of bookings (41% of booking value) being placed via the world's largest OTA. Also a reflection of Bookster's tight integration with the accommodation giant.
- Other Channels of note include AirBnB, HomeAway and Expedia
- A typical vacation rental property using Bookster took between 40 and 65 bookings with a few top performers pushing over 100.
- It is realistic to have more than 50% of your booking value through your own (mature and well promoted) Bookster Custom Website