May 2023 release notes
Give your guests pre-arrival instructions; Instant Websites are even better.
No contracts. No setup fees. Top rated customer support.Start with Bookster today
We improved Bookster in many areas in this release, updating the Guest Area, Instant Websites as well as a whole load of other areas.
A large part of our development time was taken up with something that we hope our clients will barely notice... moving the Bookster application over to a new domain.
We are always improving the Bookster Instant Websites to make them more visible in search engines and increase the number of direct bookings.
In the Guest Area, some arrival information is hidden seven days or twenty-four hours before arrival (e.g. access codes).
However, there is some arrival information that would be nice to tell the Guest about immediately after they book and even if they have still not paid their balance.
We have added a pre-arrival section to the Guest Area. This can be updated on each property in Bookster.
We have improved the interface for selecting a booking source when creating a booking inside Bookster. It is now an autocomplete text field... so just start typing and away you go!
We are constantly improving the Bookster Instant Websites to enhance their visibility in search and increase the direct bookings our clients can generate.
With this release, we:
- Added the ability to select the default order of your properties in search on an Instant Website
- As one of the ordering options, you can boost specific properties
- On single property Instant Websites, we added the location to the title meta tag to improve visibility in Search (e.g. Google or Bing)
- Ensured that the favicon is applied if an Icon is uploaded for a website
Minor Updated and Bug Fixes
- Domain Move: We moved Bookster across to app.booksterhq.com (away from multiple domains) to simplify debugging, hosting and improve security.
- Booking: Fix a bug where the UI to hide a line on would sometimes show up when only the 'Accommodation' line was present.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): improve process of setting up two-factor authentication
- Channel Manager
- Improve the explanation when setting uplift on a Channel. More fully explain what 'to cover commission of' is for.
- On a booking, never allow the 'channel correction' line (the difference between the price sent to the Channel and the actual price received) to be shown in the Guest Area
- iCal importing: Various improvements to importing and parsing
- Website: Stop logging bogus updates to the description element
- Bug Fix: Always trigger an update to the booking settings when the 'sleeps' value changes
- Websites: for performance reasons, we are now asking Amazonbot not to crawl our websites
- Vrbo ⇄ Bookster: various updates and improvements
- Airbnb ⇄ Bookster
- Sometimes we would be too fast asking Airbnb about a property that we have just created on their side, so we have implemented a simple retry on 404 errors after creation
- We have improved our checks on valid addresses before asking to join
- Booking: It is no longer required that certain fields be updated when editing customer details on a booking
- SuperHog: Only present the toggle switch to enable Know Your Guest by SuperHog when creating a booking (not when it is being updated)
- Property Address: No longer set GB as the default, so the country has to be set specifically