August 2020 Release Notes
A faster version of Bookster
No contracts. No setup fees. Top rated customer support.Start with Bookster today
We concentrated on speeding up both Bookster and the Bookster websites that we host and maintain for our clients.
The new Quote Booking feature formalises the process of creating a Booking for a prospective Guest that they can confirm by making a payment.
make using Bookster significantly more snappy and responsive
As part of a broad ranging review of performance within Bookster, implementing a number of changes to speed up Bookster and Bookster Websites (Template and Custom).
We upgraded the physical hardware on which Bookster runs to ensure that we are using the latest and greatest specced servers.
In the software, we improved the efficiency of a number of database queries to make using Bookster significantly more snappy and responsive.
Within Bookster, you can now create a 'Quote' Booking which allows:
- creation of a booking in a temporary state (72 hours)
- the blocking out of dates so nobody else can book the property
- the ability to email the Guest with a link to view the booking in the Guest Area
- the ability for the Guest to confirm the booking by making a payment
If the Guest does not make a payment, the dates will be released and become bookable again.
Minor updates and Bugfixes
- Increase the look-back for bookings in ical feeds from 7 to 28 days
- Fix problem that would sometime causes issues when importing bookings from Booking.com.
- Add another option to the Cleaning Buffer to allow for 3 clear days to clean the property
- Progressed an AirBnB API connection to looking for clients that are willing to be early adopters of the connection
- Restore Damage Deposit to arrivals report and fix column width render bug