3 ways to improve business results
- We were inspired by our conversation with our channel partner Booking.com
- Check out our ideas to improve your business results in 2024
- 1. Find opportunities for new partnerships
- 2. Review your guests' journeys with your company
- 3. Strengthen relationships with your suppliers.
Have you started planning how you will improve your business results in 2024?
Let's make 2024 a great year :)
But our service covers more than software tools.
By working with Bookster you can take advantage of our strong relationships with partners across the vacation rental industry, finding ideas to help property owners grow their businesses and prosper.
Inspired by our recent conversation with our partner Booking.com, we've broken down three ideas into actionable ideas for 2024.
3 ways to improve business results in 2024
1. Find opportunities for new partnerships.
This industry is built on your hospitality, so could you partner with more businesses to enhance your guests' experiences, whilst supporting your local community?
- Partner with local cafés / restaurants for a free / discounted breakfast.
- Raises the café's brand for guests who could become repeat visitors over their stay.
- Improves your guests' experiences.
- Breakfast is an attractive incentive that will attract more guests.
- Partner with local attractions for a discounted entry / ticket.
- Raises the attraction's brand, earning income from their visit.
- Improves your guests' experiences.
- Tie ins with local attractions will appeal to more guests.
- Partner with local suppliers to provide items for your guest welcome basket, decor and products in your home, eg local art work.
- Raises awareness of the local business' creates and opportunities to earn revenue from your purchases and those made by your visitors.
- Improves your guests' experiences of the local culture, food and people.
- Collaborations with local businesses will appeal to more guests.
2. Review your guests' journeys with your company.
This could and should be a regular activity.
How do your guests find you? How do you keep in touch? What do your guests think of you?
This is an opportunity to make improvements, benefiting you and your guests.
- Review all emails sent to your contacts and guests.
- Do they reflect your brand?
- Do they create a great guest experience?
- Do they link back to your own website?
- Review your website.
- Does it provide a quick and easy way to book your homes?
- Is your website fast?
- Does it show icons to demonstrate your brand can be trusted, such as your membership of your local Association, eg ASSC.
- Review your social media.
- Does it link back to your website?
- Does it promote the unique features of your holiday homes?
- Does it showcase your local area - activities, attractions, places of beauty?
3. Strengthen relationships with your suppliers.
Good communication and strong relationships can create new opportunities.
If you don't speak with your suppliers frequently, this is an opportunity to find new ways to work and collaborate!
- Your property management software
- Ask your property management software about how their latest developments can help you run your business.
- Ask for training on features that you're unsure about.
- Talk about what takes up your time, and ask if they have ideas for how to reduce that manual resource.
- Your cleaners
- Ask your cleaners for their ideas on how to improve the communication between you and them.
- Discuss their views on the cleaning products provided in your holiday homes.
- Ask for their ideas on how to improve the cleaning within your holiday homes.
- Your web developers / designers
- Ideas for technical changes to reflect increased demand by Google for mobile-friendly, fast websites.
- Suggestions to improve your content to reflect demand by Google for helpful content.
- Techniques to improve your website's accessibility that is inclusive and accessible by everyone.
There are opportunities for holiday home owners and managers to improve their business results, through clear communication, partnership and collaboration.
In this article we covered three areas to consider.