Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Google Pay and Apple Pay provide easier options for guests to pay online
- Easier payment options can lead to higher conversion rates
- Guests can make payments contactless or via web browsers
- it provides more security from face and thumbprint recognition and passcodes
- Google Pay and Apple Pay are available using Stripe payment gateway.
Bookster introduces the option for vacation rental managers to receive payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay, with a significant number of benefits.
Guests will now be able to use Apple Pay and Google Pay to make payments
What's new with Apple Pay and Google Pay?
Bookster is pleased to announce that guests will now be able to use Apple Pay and Google Pay to make payments to Property Managers using the Bookster Property Management System and Stripe.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows payments to be made:
- contactless (iPhone or Apple Watch); or
- via the Safari web browser (Apple Macs, iPads, and iPhones).
Apple Pay is available for guests when using the Safari web browser.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay allows payments to be made:
- contactless (compatible Android devices); or
- via the Google Chrome web browser (Windows, MacOS or Linux).
Google Pay is available for guests when using the Google Chrome browser.
Google Pay is an App that can be downloaded onto mobile and tablet devices. As the payment process doesn't redirect to a third-party site, there is a higher conversion rate for the transaction.
As Google Pay uses card tokenisation, there is a reduction in merchant risk and fraud.
Payment Gateways using Apple Pay and Google Pay
Google Pay and Apple Pay are both payment options for clients using the Stripe Payment Gateway, which is just one of the Payment Gateways supported by Bookster.
Benefits of offering Apple Pay and Google Pay
There are a number of benefits that will benefit your vacation rental company:
- Higher mobile and tablet conversion rates
- Increased level of security using face and thumbprint recognition and passcodes
- Reduced exposure to payment fraud and risk.
Which Guest Payments can be made via Apple Pay / Google Pay?
This will apply to payments being made for:
- Initial payment to confirm a booking;
- Balance payment; and
- Damage deposit.
If you're interested in taking guest payments for your vacation rentals properties using this method, simply contact us.
This is just one change made as part of our November release. See our November release notes for details of all other developments.