- Bookster has signed up to Tourism Declares
- This is the beginning of our journey to reduce our impact on the climate
- We also plan to support change in the industry, helping our clients and partners
- Get in touch to talk about the changes we're making.
We continuously look for ways that we can provide excellent services to our clients, whilst reducing the impact of tourism and technology on the environment.
Find out more about what we're doing.
Join us in our journey to reduce carbon emissions in the tourist industry. Together we can make a difference. (Robin Morris, Director)
Bookster signs up to Tourism Declares
We Declare a Climate Emergency:
We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares to demonstrate our commitment to reduce our global carbon emissions.
As the first property management software in Europe to sign up, we hope that we can inspire others to take the step with us.
We are committed to reducing our environmental footprint, and support other businesses to do the same. We'll be taking steps to support our clients in reducing their carbon emissions, through working together with us.
Tourism Declares is an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions.
This follows the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we have committed to the following five actions:
- Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
- Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
- Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming.
We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
- Encourage our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community.
- Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Bookster has begun a partnership with Stripe Climate, to direct a % of funds from Bookster to supporting the growth and development of technology that removes carbon from the atmosphere.
To talk further about our experiences with Tourism Declares, and our journey to becoming carbon neutral, simply drop us a line.